Benefits of using this tool
Some children may readily be able to identify what they want from planning and review, but others may need some help to identify what is important to them, and what they would like to focus on.
Things to consider
A variety of questions can be used, together with tools and resources, to ask the child or young person what they would like to achieve over the next period of review. These might include:
- What are your hopes about the important people in your life?
- What are you hoping to achieve at School?
- What are your hopes for this review meeting?
- What are you hoping will happen more?
- What are you hoping will happen less?
- When we meet again in a few months time, if things are getting better what will have happened?
- If you had three wishes what would they be?